A simple food with extraordinary taste
There are plenty of eggplant dishes and side dishes in Persian cuisine, and among them one of the most popular dish is Kashke Bademjan. The main ingredients of this dish are eggplants and Kashk which is a type of yogurt whey. In the process of making cheese, the remaining liquid after milk has been strained is called whey.
- chopped mint, fresh or dried
- cloves garlic
- Kashk (liquid whey protein) to taste
- vegetable oil
- Cut the top off the eggplant and peel them then slice them in half lengthwise. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the eggplants until soft and golden and set aside.
- Slice the onions and place them in a frying pan with heated oil. Chop the garlic and add to the pan. Fry them until golden.
- Add salt, mint and turmeric to the onions and stir.
- Add fried eggplants to the pan. Add 1/2 cup water and allow them to cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Crush the walnuts. Add the walnut to the pan and mash the mixture until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with kashk (whey), then sprinkle with walnuts and fried onions.
Do not forget to use bread to enjoy more.
By Samira Pardis